Thursday, March 02, 2006

Baby I'm a Big Star Now

Been a pretty quiet week. Essentially taking a long ass break from playing online. I've been hitting up the Wynn daily, although I'm running so fucking bad and my money situation has taken a turn for the worst. I'm right on that cusp of having to get a job. A job, yes, yes, a fuckin' job. It's saddens me to think that I may actually have to work for a living..haha..oh well. Also reevaluating a lot of my shit. Thinking more long term and maybe considering going back to school and finishing up my degree. Eh, I dont know if I really wanna do that right now, but its defintiely concieveable in the semi-near future.

Actually havent been to sleep yet. Played 6 hours at the Wynn last night/early morning. My buddy, Brad, who's basically living at the Wynn (has a room there for weeks on end), staked me in the 2-5NL game. I rarely, if ever, have been staked in a cash game, but seeing as how I can't win anymore with my own money, I might as well try someone else's. Well, it was a good night, surprisingly. I bought in for $500 (Brad's $) and was just about even for two hours, then a big hand happened where I sucked out like a champ. I got most of my money in preflop with KK and this other dude obv woke up with AA (thats how fuckin good im running right now!!!). Well, long story short, I spiked a king on the river for a $700 pot. That brought me up to about $900 in my stack. I played for a few hours more and just picked up small pots here and there, ending the night with $1100 in chips, $600 profit. Since Brad staked me, I gave him the buyin back plus half the winnings, so I actually only wound up making $300. A few months ago, or even a few weeks ago, $300 wouldnt have mattered at all either way, but I've just been on such a bad streak that it was real sweet to just pick up a little dough. I went the whole month of February winning only one session. That's how bad it's been. So, it was nice to get a little confidence back and get out of this rut that ive been in. Hopefully I'll continue this little rush over the next month or so and put together some meaningful scratch. Fingers crossed.

My Dad's coming tomorrow, staying at the Wynn. I'm really looking forward to it. He comes to Vegas a few times a year and we always have a great fuckin' time. It's awesome having him here, especially because he actually stays at my homecourt! It's gonna be a fun week.

Alright, nuff said; i've been up for almost 24 hours, time to hit the sack. Late.

1 Comments:

Blogger greendroppings said...

I'm going through a similar stretch. It gets to the point where you expect every hand to lose. I believe that taking a week or longer break may help, as well as dropping down a few levels and playing like a loose cannon. But like anything else, it's easier said than done.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home