Friday, July 14, 2006

A Paris

Man it's been a long time since I've updated my blog. I figured its about time, plus I'm in McDonalds using the fastest internet in Paris. That's right, I'm sitting in McDonalds, right across from the Jardin de Luxembourg. How amazing is that. It's about time I wrote in this blog, it's just that a lot has been going on lately and I haven't had time to write anything. I am currently working for a company called QuikDrop that sells items on Ebay. It is not necessarily a dead-end job but I hope to be playing poker professionally again very soon. It's been such a tough and amazing and straining and fun year; I obviously hoped to still be playing poker, but whamado, that's life. The 40 hour work week life is definitely harder than playing poker, although when you are playing poker for a living and the money on the table is the money that is going to pay your rent, it is one of the toughest things in the world to do. To play a game for the food on your plate is really no where near as easy as some people who have never done it may claim it to be. That's not to say that the straight-edge working life is easy, but I guess I'd just have to say they are hard in very different ways. I hope very soon to be back in the game playing poker everyday. I guess we'll just have to see where that goes. I can't work a 40-hour week for $300 forever!

Soooooooooo, in other news, my girlfriend Carolyn moved in with me a little over a month ago. She's holding down the forte while I'm away here in France. This is the first time in my life that I've lived with a woman so it's been a great adjustment for me. Lyn really gets me. She's a great girl and I love her. We've been having a great time this past month or so. With any relationship there is some tug-of-war, but it's truely been an amazing time. Love is amazing and intense and sad and happy and unexplainable, and everything else all at the same time, and that's why sometimes it hurts so damn much. I love you squish<3

So, hmmm, let's see.....Work, Paris, Carolyn.............I guess right now that's all that really seems pressing. It's only about 9:30 am in Paris right now. Today is Bastille Day in France, which is essentially their independence day. I've been here for it a couple times already and the city truely goes insane; it's great!



~~~~~~au revoir~~~~~~

1 Comments:

Blogger greendroppings said...

aw wiwi harharhar, enjoy france you fucking beast, but don't get headbutted by Zidane while you're there. (World Cup Joke)
Keep it real, get on AIM so we can chat about costa rica and other ill stuff.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home